Affiliated to the Hong Kong Federation of Women (HKFW), the HKFW Entrepreneurs Committee (HKFWEC) was established in October 2001. The objectives, scope of work and services of the Committee are:
- To promote exchange and co-operation with local and cross-strait women entrepreneurs, to advance career development of women by uniting Mainland, Hong Kong, Taiwan and international women entrepreneurs;
- To enhance the status of women entrepreneurs in the economic, political and wider arenas by encouraging Hong Kong women entrepreneurs to upgrade and empower themselves and to fulfil their social responsibilities.
Pre-requisites to HKFWEC Membership:
- Member of HKFW;
- Member of the senior management of an organization / company with recognized achievements;
- Person with good morals and social standing;
- Sponsored by the HKFW Council or by 2 members of the HKFWEC (one of whom must be a Standing Committee Member); and
- Membership approved by of the HKFWEC Standing Committee.